3.5.10

Workin' It Out

Three words. POST BABY BODY. buh.

January 1st I whipped it into gear.....kinda.
I started doing work out videos at home, ugh. Talk about feeling stupid. I swear even Cash would laugh at me. I can't stand working out at home, and its hard to get motivated. But I worked out 4 days a week all the way through March and also cut back a little bit on snacks and soda, and I got down to my weight before I was prego, which I was very happy about. But my body still needed work, even if you weigh the same everything is just....different. You mommys out there know what I'm talking about.

So my good friend and sister in law Amber talked me into joining a gym with her.  I was very reluctant (for some strange reason I have a BIG issue with gyms?!)  but I had to do something...I have been dreading swimsuit season that has been closing in on me quicker than I expected.
3 weeks ago today, I joined a gym.
I thought I would be overwhelmed and intimidated....but I wasn't
I thought I would hate it.....but I didn't.
to be honest. I really like it.

Its nice to get out and do something for ME an hour a day, and since Amber and I swich babysitting the kids and go during the day, it doesn't take away from my family time or anything. Its working out really well actually. I haven't lost weight but I'm trying to focus more on how I feel and how my clothes fit. Everyday I go it makes me a little less nervous to get in that swimsuit!

4 comments:

Nikki Nielson said...

Good for you Jes! I am trying to get back into shape myself :) it is no picnic that is for sure! It is hard to find time to do stuff at home (even with AJ home!) but I am trying and that is what matters. That is so awesome that you are switching babysitting, that works out so well, lucky!

Lori said...

"The Gym". It's like the title to a horror film. I'm glad you're going and loving it! Keep up the good work! LOVE YOU!

Catherine Lacy said...

you are the sexiest thing my eyes have ever seen.You are going to be such a beach babe!!!

Paige said...

I'm so proud of you! We joined a gym again too.. and I am DREADING swimsuit season too but I'm focusing on my feelings first before weight. Good luck!