15.11.08

[so Thankful]

Its a little early to be counting my blessings but it just couldn't wait until thanksgiving. This month has been so amazing and I have so many things to be thankful for, let me just name a few....
  1. Cowen Hamblin [my wonderful father-in-law] had a kidney and pancreas transplant on Monday November 10th. He has been on the waiting list for over a year, doing dialysis every other day, and struggling with Diabetes and Kidney Disease for many years. It is obviously a major surgery so he is still in Phoenix recovering but he will be able to come home right before Christmas new and Improved
  2. Our new house, I am loving moving everything into it and  making it cute. I am especially thankful for my craft room....love love love it. 
  3. Shane. He is so helpful especially with hanging all the stuff in our house and moving around the heavy stuff. 
  4. My job, they were so nice about me taking off the extra time for Cowens surgery.... and not to toot my own horn but I got employee of the month! 30$ movie theatre gift card Heck Yes!
  5. Friends and Family. I was able to be in Mesa for Caths 18th birthday and I loved spending time with my family and people I don't get to see often like Katie and Natalie. 
  6. Strawberry Sonic Slushes
  7. My sewing machine, I made myself a new purse last night and I can't imagine how hard that would be to do by hand, I gotta hand it to the pioneers for real. 
  8. Toe nail polish....new self done pedicure makes me feel pretty.
  9. Bean and cheese burritos from short stop. One of the many reasons I love living in round valley, they are amazing if your ever in town, get one! There is nothing else like them.
  10. Our dog Junior. He makes me so happy and he is getting so good at catching a frisbee!
I could go on and on... Life is good just sit back and let yourself realize it : )



3 comments:

Nikki Nielson said...

Glad to hear that everything is going so well for you Jess, you deserve it! I am so glad that the surgery went well and that Cowen is recovering. Tell Shane that he is a trooper and that I am so happy that you found someone who takes such good care of my sister. Love ya Jess, see you soon!

Alexandra said...

Hi Jess, it's Brigette and Logan's mom...I saw your mom at Brandon's house yesterday so i figured I would say Hi. Hope all is well, Take care.

Lori said...

I am so thankful for You! My beautiful daughter and friend! I'm thankful that Shane takes good care of you and drives you down to see your momma every once in a while! Love ya!